Ottawa Art Therapy offers Sessions to all individuals! We have clients under 2 and those over 90! All ages and all abilities are welcome. Prior to begining sessions, you will have the oportunity to meet with a member of our team and discuss session goals. OAT offers a safe environment to foster creativity and problem solving and feel it's important to meet with our clients before commencing sesions to ensure this.
Services we offer:
- Art Therapy
-Applied Behavioural Analysis (ABA)
-Intensive Behavioural Interventions (IBI)
-Accessible Piano Lessons
-Recreational Respite care
-Group Art Workshops
-Sat Groups for children with ASD
1. Build therapeutic relationship
2. Work on fine motor skills and get a sense of familiarity with materials
3. Learn to manipulate art materials in a functional way
4. Strive for sensory regulation and grounding through the art
5. Create a means of self-expression/emotional awareness
6. Work on visual spatial skills and hand-eye coordination
7. Enhance artistic abilities and work towards developmental mile stones in drawing- (click here to find out more about developmental stages in art)
8. Bring meaning to the art work, teach to use art as a means of communication of concrete ideas
9. Engage in artistic interaction incorporating social skills
10. Cultivate self-direction giving the opportunity for children to use art as a leisure activity
Current Dates: April 13 - June 1
Interested in piano or music in general? Please inquire for more details!
A INTERVENTION FOR ALL:
Ottawa Art Therapy offers sessions for all individuals AND groups! If you, your child, your family, or your organization is interested in Art Therapy, please contact us.